Home to authors, song writers, poets and artists, Pine Island is known as
Florida’s Creative Coast.
Pine Island is known for its funky little art galleries and specialty shops offering fine art and crafts created by talented artists both local and global. On the second weekend of each month from November through April, enjoy “Florida’s Creative Coast Weekends“. Galleries offer artist demonstrations and workshops, featured opening receptions, author book-signings and often live music. Matlacha is the hub of activity but don’t forget our other galleries and shops that are on Pine Island proper.
All year long visitors and residents enjoy the abundant creativity of Pine Island:
- Most galleries are open all year
- Join the Pine Island Writers group to share creative stories and poems.
- Visit our local restaurants that offer live music weekly.
- Book signing are held at local shops
- Come for the Southwest Florida Music Festival every November
- Attend Singer/Songwriter workshops
- Take Art classes from the Pine Island Art Association or a local artist/craftsman
- Attend Juried Art shows.